Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (#3)

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where they post a new top ten list every week and ask bloggers to share their picks as well. 

Today's Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books For People Who Liked X Author 
I went through a lot of author choices such as J.K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, John Green, Sarah Dessen, Veronica Roth, and Kristen Cashore before finally deciding on Leigh Bardugo. I think Bardugo's debut has made an impact on the book blogging community - releasing gushing reviews day by day - so I thought it would be great to have a list of books to read after we finished Bardugo's epic fantasy. The majority of the novels on this list are high fantasy and they all revolve around a female protagonist finding themselves in a fantasy realm, but some of them are dystopian which I added onto this list simply because they carry the same spirit, themes, and voice of Shadow and Bone.

pic name

pic name

pic name
1. Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken 
2. Fire by Kristen Cashore 
3. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta 
4. The Immortals Series by Tamora Pierce
5. Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill 
6. Angelfall by Susan Ee
7. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi 
pic namepic name pic name
8. Divergent by Veronica Roth 
9. The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning 
10. The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare 

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Shadow and Bone, great pick. I loved Fire, Finnikin, Under the Never Sky, Divergent and Angelfall. All of these have strong female protags. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel!(: I really loved Shadow and Bone so I can't wait to see what you think of it! :D

      Delete
  2. I love top ten tuesdays! Its always so hard sticking to 10 books right? but you did an awesome job! Look at all the lovelies! I actually still have to read Shadow and Bone, but I will definitely be checking out all the others too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tough to stick to ten books (and even tougher sometimes to figure out what they will be), but it's so much fun!(: I can't wait till you read Shadow and Bone Jasprit! I think you'll really enjoy it! :D

      Delete
  3. Great picks. I haven't read Shadow and Bone yet - but I hope to get to it soon. And I loved some of the books on your list, like Divergent and Fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! If you liked Divergent and Fire then I'm sure you'll love Shadow and Bone as well! It's an epic fantasy and features a kick-ass heroine I absolutely love! :D

      Delete
  4. How perfect! I enjoyed Shadow and Bone and I think Leigh Bardugo seems like a really awesome person. Some of these are on my TBR, I like your picks. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena!(: I really enjoyed Shadow and Bone as well and from the interviews I've read with Leigh Bardugo, she sounds like an amazing person as well! I hope you'll enjoy these other books just as much as you liked Shadow and Bone! :D

      Delete
  5. Great list! I haven't yet read Shadow and Bone but I really want to! And I've seen lots of gushing reviews like you mentioned! I just finished Graceling and really loved it so I'll be reading Fire and Bitterblue soon. And I loved Divergent. And I own Finnikin of the Rock, Under the Never Sky, and City of Bones and need to get to those! Thanks for all the other suggestions as well, and thanks for stopping by my Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea!(: I'm so glad to hear that you liked Graceling - it's one of my favorite books! I actually liked Fire even better so I can't wait to see what you think of that! :D

      Delete
  6. I have heard a lot of good things about Shadow and Bone. Hope to read it soon and Great list! A lot of these I want to read already =D

    -Becky @ Book Bite Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! I can't wait to see what you think of Shadow and Bone!(: If you're already planning to read many of these books then I'm sure you'll love it! :D

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers and I read, reply, and appreciate every one of the comments I receive!(: If you're a fellow blogger, please leave a link to your blog - I'd love to drop by!

Unfortunately, this is now an award-free blog. I simply do not have the time to respond and forward on the award, but I truly appreciate the nomination regardless.